Weather

Rainy and cool conditions continued Tuesday in Denton and the surrounding area, and that should be the continuing theme through Friday night before things begin to dry out Saturday.

Temperatures stayed in the 40s most of the day Tuesday before finally hitting 50 degrees during midafternoon. Periods of light rain fell throughout the day, with Denton Enterprise Airport reporting just over a three-tenths of an inch over a 24-hour period ending at 5 p.m.

The rest of the week calls for much of the same as temperatures will rise a little to the low 50s in the morning hours to the mid-50s in the afternoon and evening, according to the forecast from the National Weather Service in Fort Worth. Wednesday will see a 70 percent chance of showers before dropping off to a 30 percent chance during the overnight hours. However, those chances go up to 60 percent during the day Thursday and 70 percent overnight into Friday afternoon. Friday night will see a 40 percent chance of rain.

A flood watch was in effect until 7 a.m. Wednesday.

Conditions are expected to improve beginning Saturday, as the weather service forecast calls for sunny skies and a high temperature of 69. Sunny conditions will continue through Monday, with highs in the upper 60s to near 70.

— Staff report

Recommended for you