United Way of Denton County announced last week it has welcomed eight new community volunteers to the Board of Directors.
“Each of these incoming board members adds to the specialized knowledge and expertise on our governing board,” said Gary Henderson, president and CEO of United Way of Denton County, in a news release. “The strength of a community-based local nonprofit organization like United Way of Denton County is found in community members like these who step up to the challenge of nonprofit board service.”
Those joining the board are:
- Rebecca Andreasen of Argyle, executive vice president and director at Northbridge Property Management.
- Matt Bethea of Denton, executive director of development for the College of Science at the University of North Texas.
- Brennan Brashears of Frisco, director of purchasing at Safran Electrical & Power.
- Dawn Cobb of Lewisville, director of community relations with Denton County.
- Denton Police Chief Frank Dixon,
- of Flower Mound.
- Finley Graves of Corinth, who recently retired from the University of North Texas, where he served as provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, as well as dean in the College of Business. He will also serve on the Executive Board as Campaign co-chairman.
- Kimberly Russell, who lives in the Lantana area,
- vice president for University Advancement at Texas Woman’s University.
- Raymond Suarez of Frisco, CEO of the Denton County Transportation Authority.
In addition to the new board, United Way of Denton County recently transitioned to its 2019-20 Executive Board, which includes Brandon McCleskey, chairman; Micah Pazoureck, chairman-elect; Lyle Dresher, past chairman; Mark Merki and Mary Curtis, co-treasurers; Carrell Ann Simmons, who returns as a Lifetime Member and will serve as marketing committee chairwoman; Debbie Smatresk, community investments chairwoman; Laura Behrens, campaign chairwoman; Jo Ann Ballantine, partnership development chairwoman; Josh Ashford, secretary; Ellen Painter, capital campaign ad hoc; and Greg Sawko, counsel ad hoc.
A complete list of the United Way of Denton County Board of Directors and Lifetime Members can be found at https://bit.ly/2Me07ta.