The Rodrigue family’s garage in north Denton caught fire on Halloween night, and the Denton community has rallied to help the family in any way possible.

Couple

Daniel Rodrigue and Diamond Rodrigue pose for a photo on Sunday at Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios. The Denton couple’s home caught fire on the night of Oct. 31. Daniel sustained first- and second-degree burns, and the family will be displaced for months.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this photo caption incorrectly stated that no one was injured.

Receiving clothing

Diamond Rodrigue accepts a bag of clothing from a donor during "Everybody Loves Rodrigue," a benefit show for her family, on Sunday at Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios. 

Yeahdef and audience members

Joey Liechty, left, aka DJ Yeahdef, said the Denton community came together immediately after a house fire to set up a benefit show for the Rodrigue family. Yeahdef deejayed Sunday’s show, which was headlined by Brave Combo.

JUAN BETANCOURT can be reached via Twitter at @jbetancourt_15.

Recommended for you