After more than a month of flattening, as health officials wanted to see, the COVID-19 epidemic curve is once again growing both nationwide and across Denton County, Public Health Director Matt Richardson said Tuesday. Read more
North Texas’ game at UTEP that was scheduled for Saturday in El Paso has been postponed.
Fewer than 3 out of 10 Denton ISD students were signed up to take classes online at the beginning of the second grading period.
This Weeks Circulars!
Incumbent state Rep. Lynn Stucky and Democratic challenger Angela Brewer have raised a combined total of almost $1 million and have spent hundreds of thousands for a seat that splits through Denton County in a race Texas Democrats have targeted to flip the state House. Read more
Five more Denton County residents have died due to COVID-19, according to a Tuesday announcement from Denton County Public Health. Read more
Effective Nov. 1, the Denton Record-Chronicle will be adjusting the price for digital subscriptions to $2.49 per week for 12 weeks, $2.24 per week for 26 weeks and $1.99 per week for 52 weeks. For those who are current subscribers, your rate will adjust at your next renewal cycle. Read more
It’s pretty common for film critics to appear tired and exhausted when sharing thoughts about movie remakes. The typical stance for studios and filmmakers is to dust off classics, present them to a new generation, or uncover new territory from the original material. There’s no harm in that f…
In a 2019 speech at the Anti-Defamation League, British comedian-actor Sacha Baron Cohen attacked social media platforms for enabling the proliferation of hate speech and misinformation. He also perfectly encapsulated the purpose of his ridiculous characters like Borat, stating that he uses …
Kathleen Hildreth, the co-owner of Denton's M1 Support Services, was ranked No. 59 on Forbes list of the 100 richest self-made women in the United States, tied with Ellen DeGeneres. Read more
With the Nov. 3 general election just around the corner, candidates appearing on the ballot in Denton County, along with their supporters, have two days remaining to submit a candidate essay or paid endorsement letter. Read more
From The Wire
- Best Betts: Dodgers win first World Series title since 1988
- Biden vows his unity can save country; Trump hits Midwest
- NXIVM sex-cult head Raniere gets 120 years in prison
- Philadelphia victim's kin: We sought ambulance, not police
- Virus pushes twin cities El Paso and Juarez to the brink
- Wind a risk as California fires keep tens of thousands away
- Texas hits record high for early voting turnout
- Barrett sworn in at court as issues important to Trump await
- Medicare finalizing coverage policy for coronavirus vaccine
- Trump trade policy: 4 years of high drama. Limited results.
- US consumer confidence dips slightly in October as coronavirus cases rise
- September factory orders up 1.9%, economists see risks ahead
- S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller: US home prices up 5.2% in August
- Orders for big-ticket manufactured goods increased 1.9% in September with a key business investment category up as well
- 1,000-plus faith leaders call for 'free and fair election'