The Monsignor King Outreach Center opened its doors Monday for the first time since late March, when the nonprofit temporarily ceased operation at its emergency housing shelter due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more
Outrage, confusion and pleas constituted the bulk of public comments submitted to the Denton ISD school board since schools were shut down bec…
This Weeks Circulars!
Conference USA is moving forward with its plans to play football this fall following a meeting of its board of directors Wednesday evening. Read more
Living in the Stephen King-aissance these days is more exciting than it was a decade ago. Before 2017’s It, we would have a good adaptation every few years, but you have to shovel through a lot of slop to get there. Even though we may still see a dud here or there (like It: Chapter 2), for t…
Kelly Preston died July 12 at age 57, after a two-year battle with breast cancer.
University of North Texas regents professor Keith Johnson, who led the College of Music trumpet studio, died July 31 as a result of COVID-19. He was 77.
There’s a scene in Richard Linklater’s 2016 film Everybody Wants Some!! that sees two men discussing the everyday pressures of being young and how growing up can be tricky and unkind. The true wisdom kicks in when one of them states that if you embrace your inner strange, only then is it int…
Question: I would like to leave my job to pursue music but am not sure when I should. Obviously, right now, during COVID, is not a good time, but when we get back to normal, when should I make the shift? Read more
Texas has chosen to abandon our local public schools, locally elected school boards, superintendents and our 5.4 million schoolchildren in favor of a “my way or the highway” single system directive by Texas Education Agency Commissioner Mike Morath. That’s why I’m standing up to say, “Whoa! … Read more
From The Wire
- US jobless claims fall below 1 million but remain high
- 963,000 workers seek US jobless aid as layoffs fall below 1 million for first time in 5 months
- Biden, Harris lash Trump at debut of historic VP choice
- For Americans waiting on virus aid, no new relief in sight
- Companies test antibody drugs to treat, prevent COVID-19
- Science and politics tied up in global race for a vaccine
- College football in the spring: When? How much? Who plays?
- Boston Fed chief: States' rush to reopen slowed US recovery
- Interest in home schooling has 'exploded' amid pandemic
- US consumer prices rose 0.6% in July, matching June uptick
- US consumer prices jump 0.6% in July as gasoline prices continue to rise
- What's keeping Washington from a virus deal, explained
- Big Ten, Pac-12 pull plug on fall football amid pandemic
- David Zuckerman wins Democratic primary election for governor in Vermont
- Phil Scott wins Republican primary election for governor in Vermont